Monday, June 21, 2010

Does drinking water really equal healthy skin?


This summer my friend Shelley and her family are doing the Summer Water Challenge- eliminating all sugary juices and sodas from their diet throughout the summer. Go 'W' family!!


I have thought about taking on the challenge myself but have a hard time giving up my Starbucks green tea lemonade and occasional Coca Cola- what I find to be the perfect compliment to Thai food. I have been trying to up my water intake though, and have done some research on how it affects skin complexion. Here is what I found out:


I was surprised to find many experts have refuted the claim that water intake directly affects the skin's moisture level. Rather they say, "the best solution is to treat the skin from the outside with a suitable dry skin moisturizer."


That is what I love about Anya Mati's Desert Oasis Face Serum. It contains organic jojoba oil which the skin drinks up and includes high-end essential oils like Roman Chamomile which relieves dry, cracked skin.


While drinking large amounts of water may not be the key to a glowing complexion, eliminating high sugar content beverages is definitely a step in the right direction. Studies have shown that toxins contained in such drinks do eventually need to be released from the body, one way being through the skin pores which results in clogged pores and acne breakouts.


This is definite motivation to order a large ice water with my pad thai.

No comments:

Post a Comment